Running from September 2017, this module is provided through workshops and online assignments delivered by Aberystwyth Business School in association with Menter a Busnes
The module is not part of the Sustainable and Efficient Food Production MSc but may be combined with 2 modules from this scheme (or from the Food Scurity in a Changing Environment MSc) to acheive a Postgraduate Certificate in Farm Consultancy and Knowledge Exchange.
The aim of this module is to provide anyone involved in agricultural or environmental advice with the skills and knowledge to facilitate effective knowledge exchange. Students will:
- Gain an apreciation of facilitation and action learning as a leadership tool
- Evaluate the range of models and techniques for the facilitation process
- Acquire skills to plan and structure activities which require facilitation
- Acquire a critical appreciation of, and practical experience in the range of facilitation techniques commonly used
- Gain knowledge and understanding of group dynamics and challenging behaviours within groups, and of the skills required to handle these
- Gain knowledge of and experience in the use of appropriate feedback in a facilitated learning context
- Plan, organise and facilitate group learning activities.
This module is delivered in association with Menter a Busnes through two, two-day workshops and a final oneday workshop to allow you to develop and practice your facilitation skills. This is supplemented by on-line assignment work. Workshops will be held in a location convenient for the majority of students. Provisional workshop dates for 2017 block are:
- 19 & 20 September
- 17 & 18 October
- 5 November
Fee per delegate for this module: £1,100
+44 (0)1970 823224